Wednesday, September 23, 2015

1st Post

I started doing Julia Cameron's workbook The Artist's Way about two weeks ago and decided to start a blog. I'm going to dedicate this space to documenting things that I make and am going to update it daily while I'm working on The Artist's Way. The book doesn't prompt you to make something everyday, but I think it'll help me unblock some things if I impose this additional task on myself.

In the book, you are supposed to do "Morning Pages" everyday where you write down your thoughts right after you wake up. I've been pretty bad about it and just skipped the last four days (whoops). This is only Week 3 out of 12, so I have some time to redeem myself and fully intend to. I also intend to commit myself to this blog - daily while I'm doing the workbook, but hopefully beyond that as well.

Also some other things I'm going to commit to while I'm doing the Artist's Way:

- Quit drinking.
- Stop buying clothes and only make my own (including underwear - might have to make an exception for socks though)

Not the biggest Harmony Korine fan, but his book A Crack-Up at the Race Riots has been pretty helpful for channeling creativity. Also, I loved Bradford Cox's blog when I was a teenager and am aiming to post with the same initial fervor.

So... yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment